Restaurant-style Beef Stew with Big Chunks.
You can have Restaurant-style Beef Stew with Big Chunks using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Restaurant-style Beef Stew with Big Chunks
- Prepare 500 grams of Beef Gristle Block.
- It’s 3 of Potatoes.
- You need 1/2 of Carrot.
- Prepare 1 of Onion.
- It’s 2 of servings' worth Commercial beef stew roux.
- Prepare 400 ml of Water.
- It’s 5 tbsp of Yogurt.
- Prepare 100 ml of Red wine.
- You need 1 of Bay leaf (if available).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Japanese Worcestershire-style sauce.
- You need 3 tbsp of Ketchup.
Restaurant-style Beef Stew with Big Chunks step by step
- Cut the beef into large cubes, and brown with the onions..
- Add 2 cups of water, and simmer for two hours, covering with a drop lid/otoshibuta..
- Cook the potatoes and carrots cut lengthwise, until slightly browned..
- Remove the meat and onions from the pot, add the potatoes and carrots, and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the roux, Worcestershire-style sauce, and other seasoning and simmer for 10 more minutes..
- Put the meat and onions back in the pot with yogurt, and cook for another 20 minutes. Cool. The flavors will meld better by cooling..
- I altered this recipe a bit to make it easier to understand..