Big Al's Quail.
You can cook Big Al's Quail using 5 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Big Al's Quail
- It’s 1 of Quail.
- It’s 1 of jalapeno.
- You need 1 slice of applewood bacon.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of goat cheese.
- It’s 1 of toothpicks.
Big Al's Quail step by step
- heat smoker to 350°.
- clean quail.
- hollow out jalapeno.
- stuff hollowed out jalapeno with the goat cheese until full.
- place stuffed jalapeno inside body of the quail.
- take 1 slice of applewood bacon and wrap around the body of quail and hold together with toothpicks.
- smoke until cooked all the way through.
- you can also smoke at a higher temp and then pull them off before they are done and finish them in the oven at 350°.
- this will add a crispness and great texture.