Rustic Sweet Potato Pie.
You can have Rustic Sweet Potato Pie using 17 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rustic Sweet Potato Pie
- You need 2 of medium sweet potatoes (650-700 g or 1 1/2 lbs raw. It's 2 cups/450-500 g after mashing).
- Prepare 1/2 cup (90 g) of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of yoghurt (120 ml).
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract or oil.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 tsp of lemon zest (optional).
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 3-4 dashes of ground cloves.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare of ********.
- Prepare 1 of unbaked pie crust or make your own with the ingredients below:.
- It’s 150 g of flour.
- You need 100 g of butter.
- You need 50 g (50 ml) of ice water.
- You need 1 pinch of salt (not needed if using salted butter).
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
Rustic Sweet Potato Pie step by step
- For the homemade pie dough (if you have one already start on Step 4): Put flour and salt (leave out if using salted butter) into a large bowl. Cut butter into small cubes and add to flour. You can see more detailed recipe for pie dough in my recipe here: https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/198326 .
- Rub in the butter into the flour until butter is broken up into pea-sized pieces and mixed throughout..
- Mix in sugar and gradually mix in the cold water until the dough begins to come together. Knead into a ball. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least one hour..
- To roast potatoes (you can boil too, though I think the taste is nicer if roasted): Preheat oven to 200C/400F. Peel and cut sweet potatoes into cubes. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp vegetable/canola oil..
- Bake for 40 minutes (turn and mix halfway through so it baked evenly) or until fork tender..
- Mash with a fork. (After mashing I used 2 cups or 450-500 g).
- Add sugar, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, lemon juice and vanilla..
- Mix in yoghurt. Taste again just in case and adjust any seasoning or sweetness. Lastly, mix in the eggs until smooth..
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C. Roll out pie dough if using homemade one. (Again, see details in my basic pie dough recipe here: https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/198326).
- When ready to bake, fill the pie crust with the filling.Smooth out – add some pie crust decorations if you like :).
- Bake for about 1 hour until set. Let cool completely before enjoying..