Rustic Apple Cake in a Pan Recipe (No oven or mixer required).
You can have Rustic Apple Cake in a Pan Recipe (No oven or mixer required) using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rustic Apple Cake in a Pan Recipe (No oven or mixer required)
- You need 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/4 of + 2 tbsp cup granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of nutmeg.
- It’s 1 of large apple.
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter, softened + 1 and 1/2 tbsp extra.
- You need 1 of and 1/2 cup milk.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract.
Rustic Apple Cake in a Pan Recipe (No oven or mixer required) step by step
- Melt the butter and let it cool. Wash, peel and core the apple and cut into strips, add the cinammon and mix to coat. In a large mixing bowl add in the melted butter, sugar, vanilla, eggs and milk and whisk thoroughly to combine. In another mixing bowl, sieve the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg together..
- To the wet ingredients, add the dry and mix just until everything is well combined. Do not over mix..
- Rub the extra butter all over the pan to grease and then sprinkle all over the pan with the brown sugar. (This is what will help caramelise the apples.) Next, lay all the apples in a single layer all over the pan..
- Now, pour into the pan on the apples the cake mixture and tap on the counter to get rid of any air bubbles. Cover with a lid..
- Cook the cake on the stovetop on medium low heat for 10 minutes and reduce to low, and cook another 10 minutes, after, flip and cook an additional 10 – 15 minutes..
- Keep a close eye on it and adjust to avoid burning. The cake is cooked when a toothpick inserted comes out clean and there are no visible raw bits of cake. Enjoy warm with a drizzle of honey..