Fire Roasted Tomato Sauce w/ Pork (Large batch). A tutorial on how I prepare & can my garden/patio tomatoes by roasting them on my kamado grill to coax out more of their natural sweetness and add. Make the most of summer tomatoes by roasting them and turning them into a delicious sauce. Fire-roasting vegetables gives them a robust flavor you'll be happy to have in this tomato soup with Mexican accents from the addition of cilantro.
Cook and stir onion and garlic in hot oil until. Why Oven-Roast Tomatoes for Tomato Sauce? If you want to get more flavor from your tomatoes When making Roasted Tomato Sauce, I tend to get a bit carried away and make a lot of it, all at once. You can have Fire Roasted Tomato Sauce w/ Pork (Large batch) using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fire Roasted Tomato Sauce w/ Pork (Large batch)
- It’s 6 lb. of can of fire roasted tomatoes.
- Prepare 3 cups of water.
- You need 1 cup of red wine.
- Prepare 12 oz. of tomato paste.
- It’s 3 TBS. of Olive oil (for frying).
- It’s 1 TBS. of bacon grease (for frying).
- You need 1/2 of sweet onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 of carrot, minced.
- You need 12 of fresh basil leaves, chopped.
- It’s 6 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- It’s 1 TBS. of oregano.
- You need 3 of bay leaves.
- It’s of Garlic salt, to taste.
- Prepare of Black pepper, to taste.
- It’s of Heel of Parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 lb. of Jimmy Dean pork sausage, browned.
Carefully transfer the roasted contents to a food processor or blender (or a large mixing bowl. Be the first to review this recipe. If you have not tried fire roasted tomatoes, you are really missing out. In my opinion, the roasting brings out the sweetness of the tomatoes and it is much less acidic.
Fire Roasted Tomato Sauce w/ Pork (Large batch) instructions
- In a large stock pot over med-high heat, sauté carrots and onions in the olive oil and bacon grease until translucent, about 3 minutes..
- Add the fire roasted tomatoes, water, wine, tomato paste and mix thoroughly until the tomato paste is dissolved..
- Add basil, garlic, oregano, bay leaves, garlic salt, pepper and the heel of cheese. Stir until mixed..
- Brown the sausage and add to the pot. Stir to mix all ingredients..
- Lower heat to med-low and simmer at least an hour, stirring occasionally..
- Buon appetito! 🇮🇹.
Organic fire roasted tomatoes and a touch of cream make tomato soup extraordinary. Make your own easy, delicious roasted tomato sauce using garden fresh tomatoes. Freeze or can to enjoy your summer bounty all year long. Are you looking for a new go-to roasted tomato sauce recipe? This is the easiest homemade tomato sauce recipe you will every try and the.